Look for contact information, location map, or staffed hours? Click Here
“The pain that you are willing to endure is measured by how bad you want it.” David Goggins (a retired Navy SEAL and is the only member of the U.S. Armed Forces to complete SEAL training (including two Hell Weeks), the U.S. Army Ranger School where he graduated as Enlisted Honor Man and Air Force Tactical Air Controller training.)
Like most people I have plenty of excuses as to why it is too hard to achieve a goal. Most of us know deep inside that we can accomplish more than we think we can. However, we all have a myriad of justifications that can hold us back. These mental blocks can hold you back or instead you can make a conscious decision to not let our past experience or present day justifications to keep us from reaching our goals. Ask yourself what if you never try? Will you always wonder if you could have done it? Even if you have tried many other times before and failed, you owe it to yourself to try again. Many people have also had many negative experiences in life that could’ve held them back, but they made up their minds to overcome these adverse life experiences. You owe it to yourself to get started reaching towards your goals today.
Are you ready to start? Here are some pointers to get started.
- Get started today, don’t wait. Even if you do just one small thing toward your goal, it is closer than yesterday.
- Make a plan and get organized: Write down your goal and set timelines and milestones you plan to reach to get there. Be realistic and seek advice from trusted people or professionals in the field your goal is in, if you are unsure.
- Read or listen to motivational speakers online to get inspired and educated on how to move toward your goal.
- Commit to yourself to make your goal a priority. You may write this down to re-read when the going gets tough, but making that commitment is important to stick with it.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you get off track. Pick yourself up and get back on the road you started forging. We’ve all been there and felt like failures, but tell yourself that getting up again is the only way to be true to yourself. Don’t let yourself down, by quitting now.
- Make it a habit and schedule the time you need to focus on your goal. You are important and deserve to give full attention to your life goals. Once you have made the goal reaching activity a habit, you will just automatically do it and feels something is wrong if you miss your time.
- Find positive people to be around and get support from them as you give them support too!
Stop by The Gym Inc. in downtown Watertown SD today to start your fitness and health goals. Our personal trainers and staff want to help you be a better you!